Oregano (Origanum vulgare) is an aromatic herb belonging to the Lamiaceae family. It's a perennial plant with small leaves and pink, white, or purple flowers. Oregano is native to the Mediterranean region but is now grown and used worldwide.
This herb is known for its strong and distinctive aroma, which naturally occurs due to the presence of essential oil. Oregano leaves are rich in minerals, vitamins (A, C, E, and K), and antioxidants.
Oregano is not only an excellent culinary ingredient but also has many medicinal properties. It contains powerful phytochemicals such as carvacrol and thymol, which have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant effects. Due to its properties, oregano can help with infections, reduce inflammation, and strengthen the immune system.
Overall, oregano is an excellent herb with a rich flavor and numerous health benefits. It is widely used in world cuisine and as a traditional natural remedy.
Information about oregano essential oil:
- Properties - it has a significantly aromatic scent that is herbal and spicy. Its taste is usually strong and spicy with a slight bitterness. Oregano oil is light to medium yellow or yellow-green.
- Antimicrobial properties - the oil is known for its high antimicrobial effectiveness. It contains strong substances such as carvacrol and thymol that can kill or slow the growth of bacteria, viruses, and molds. Therefore, it is often used for disinfection and infection prevention.
- Antioxidants - it is rich in antioxidants such as phenols and flavonoids. These substances help neutralize free radicals and protect cells from oxidative stress damage. This can have a positive impact on overall health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory properties - many people use oregano oil as a natural anti-inflammatory remedy. Its components have the ability to reduce inflammatory processes.
- Digestive health - it can support digestion and gastrointestinal health. It helps regulate digestive enzymes, improves digestion, and reduces bloating.
- Immune support - thanks to its antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, oregano oil can also strengthen the immune system.
- Usage - oregano oil is typically used in the form of aromatherapy, massage oil, or as an ingredient in cosmetic products. It is essential to pay attention to the correct concentration and dilute it with a suitable carrier oil to avoid skin irritation.
Extraction process: Steam distillation
Country of origin: Albania
Massage: 1-2 drops per 10 ml of carrier oil (e.g., almond, coconut, or olive oil)
Bath: 2-3 drops in a warm bath
Diffuser: 2-3 drops per 100 ml of water
Oregano essential oil is highly concentrated and strong. It is recommended to dilute it with a suitable carrier oil when using it. When applying it to the skin, it is important to perform an allergy test in advance and avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes.
Using essential oils internally should only be done under the guidance of a qualified aromatherapist or a doctor.
Why choose oil from Albanian mountains?
Essential oils from wild mountain herbs have several advantages over conventionally grown oils. Here are some of the main reasons why they are exceptional:
- Stronger chemical composition - wild herbs are exposed to various influences such as extreme temperatures, windy conditions, high altitudes, and consumption by animals. These conditions stimulate the production of essential oils and increase the concentration of active substances, making them more potent and effective.
- Absence of pesticides and chemicals - wild-growing herbs have no contact with pesticides or chemicals often used in conventional cultivation. This means that the oils from these herbs are naturally pure and free from unwanted substances.
- Hand harvesting - due to the inaccessibility of the mountains, harvesting is done manually, which means more care and attention is given to individual plants. This allows the selection of the best plants and their harvest at the optimal time, positively impacting the quality of the oils.
- Unique aroma and composition - plants growing in the mountains often have specific environmental conditions that affect their aroma and chemical composition. Oils from wild mountain herbs have a unique and authentic character that cannot be fully reproduced in conventionally grown variants.
European Parliament regulations do not allow us to make unapproved health claims for products. This is not possible even in cases where these health claims are supported by scientific studies. Health claims cannot be made here even within the scope of personal experiences and references. To find more detailed information, we refer you to other sources.
The information provided on this website is presented solely for the purpose of sharing and promoting personal education. It is not intended to replace an individual relationship with a doctor or qualified healthcare professional. The aim is not to alleviate, treat any medical or psychological conditions, or to act preventively, diagnose, or encourage such activities. If you are currently under medical care or any medical treatment, consult with your treating physician regarding changes in your diet or changes in relation to the information provided.
The information provided is not intended as medical advice but rather as knowledge sharing and information. We encourage you to work with a qualified healthcare professional to form your own opinion in the field of healthcare and make your own decisions based on your judgment and research. The statements provided have not been evaluated by regulatory authorities. We recommend that you conduct your own individual research before making any purchase or decision.