Conehead thyme (Thymus capitatus), also known as Persian-hyssop, Persian thyme, or Spanish oregano, is an aromatic herb primarily found in Mediterranean regions. This evergreen herb has small, glossy leaves and a distinctive scent. The flowers of mother-of-thyme are small, ranging in color from pink to purple, and form dense clusters.
Although it belongs to the thyme genus, its chemical composition and effects are more closely related to the oregano genus. It contains various compounds, including thymol, carvacrol, p-cymene, and others. Thymol is the primary component known for its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. In traditional medicine, it has been used to treat colds, sore throats, and digestive issues.
In culinary arts, mother-of-thyme is a popular seasoning, especially in traditional Mediterranean cuisine. Its aromatic leaves are often used to flavor various dishes, including meats, fish, sauces, soups, and grilled vegetable dishes.
Information about essential oil of Conehead thyme:
- Properties - the oil typically has a strong and pungent aroma. Its scent is known for its herbal and resinous notes, which are fresh and warm.
- Use in aromatherapy - it is often used in aromatherapy for its positive effects on the immune system, improvement of respiratory issues, and reduction of stress and anxiety.
- Health support - it possesses significant antiseptic properties. Due to its thymol content, it is used for disinfecting wounds, cuts, and burns. It can also assist in fighting respiratory infections.
Extraction process: Steam distillation
Country of origin: Albania
Massage: 1-3 drops per 10 ml of carrier oil (e.g., almond, coconut, or olive oil)
Bath: 2-4 drops in a warm bath
Diffuser: 2-4 drops in 100 ml of water
Inhalation: 1-2 drops in a bowl of hot water
Essential oil of Conehead thyme is highly concentrated and potent. When using it, it is recommended to dilute it with a suitable carrier oil. When applying to the skin, it's important to perform a patch test for allergic reactions and avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes.
Why choose oil from Albanian mountains?
Essential oils from wild mountain herbs have several advantages over conventionally grown oils. Here are some of the main reasons why they are exceptional:
- Stronger chemical composition - wild herbs are exposed to various influences such as extreme temperatures, windy conditions, high altitudes, and consumption by animals. These conditions stimulate the production of essential oils and increase the concentration of active substances, making them more potent and effective.
- Absence of pesticides and chemicals - wild-growing herbs have no contact with pesticides or chemicals often used in conventional cultivation. This means that the oils from these herbs are naturally pure and free from unwanted substances.
- Hand harvesting - due to the inaccessibility of the mountains, harvesting is done manually, which means more care and attention is given to individual plants. This allows the selection of the best plants and their harvest at the optimal time, positively impacting the quality of the oils.
- Unique aroma and composition - plants growing in the mountains often have specific environmental conditions that affect their aroma and chemical composition. Oils from wild mountain herbs have a unique and authentic character that cannot be fully reproduced in conventionally grown variants.
European Parliament regulations do not allow us to make unapproved health claims for products. This is not possible even in cases where these health claims are supported by scientific studies. Health claims cannot be made here even within the scope of personal experiences and references. To find more detailed information, we refer you to other sources.
The information provided on this website is presented solely for the purpose of sharing and promoting personal education. It is not intended to replace an individual relationship with a doctor or qualified healthcare professional. The aim is not to alleviate, treat any medical or psychological conditions, or to act preventively, diagnose, or encourage such activities. If you are currently under medical care or any medical treatment, consult with your treating physician regarding changes in your diet or changes in relation to the information provided.
The information provided is not intended as medical advice but rather as knowledge sharing and information. We encourage you to work with a qualified healthcare professional to form your own opinion in the field of healthcare and make your own decisions based on your judgment and research. The statements provided have not been evaluated by regulatory authorities. We recommend that you conduct your own individual research before making any purchase or decision.