- No added ingredients, colorings, flavors, preservatives, sugar, or salt
- Improved digestibility - only activated seeds (soaked and sprouted)
- Locally sourced - cultivation, harvesting, and butter production all happen in one place, minimizing unnecessary transportation
- RAW - slow grinding and all processing occurs below 42°C
Exclusive RAW black sesame tahini made from activated black sesame seeds, which are handpicked and processed. Enjoy the best quality and flavor that you can hardly find elsewhere.
Sesame is grown in various parts of the world, but its origin is associated with the Middle East and Asia, where it is widely used in traditional cuisine. Sesame itself has a history dating back thousands of years and is among the oldest known oilseeds in the world. They were cultivated and used in both culinary and traditional medicine in different cultures, including ancient Egypt, Babylon, and Rome. In some Asian cultures, black sesame holds symbolic significance. For example, in Japanese culture, black sesame symbolizes health and longevity.
Black sesame has a rich history and has been cultivated and used in East and Asian cuisine for thousands of years. It is a traditional part of Japanese, Chinese, and Korean cuisine.
In the kitchen, white sesame is often used to add flavor and texture to various dishes. It is used to make tahini paste, a key component of many traditional Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes. This paste is also a favorite food among vegans and vegetarians due to its rich protein and nutrient content. In Asian cuisine, black sesame is used in various dishes, such as sesame noodles, tahini paste, fish dishes, and sushi. It can also be used to sprinkle on desserts and sweets to add flavor and contrast.
Sesame seed oil is also used in cosmetics and massage oils for its moisturizing and soothing properties.
What is the difference in taste between white and black tahini paste?
- White tahini is made from ground white sesame seeds and has a mild nutty flavor with a slight hint of sweetness. Its taste is typically more delicate and subtle.
- Black tahini is made from ground black sesame seeds and has a stronger and richer nutty flavor with a mild touch of bitterness. Its taste is bolder and more pronounced.
A completely unique sesame butter with several key features:
- Handcrafted Production - The butter is meticulously crafted in small batches, from harvesting to grinding, with love and care.
- Nut Activation - Sesame seeds are soaked in water for 8 hours, initiating the sprouting process, which neutralizes inhibitors and antinutritional phytates, making the seeds more digestible and increasing the bioavailability of vitamins and minerals.
- RAW Quality - The seeds are processed at low temperatures (up to 42°C), ensuring that all the essential nutrients and delicate sesame flavors are preserved. This means you can enjoy the full range of sesame's flavors and beneficial compounds.
- Vegan and 100% Natural - The butter is vegan and contains no additional ingredients such as palm oil, preservatives, or sugar.
- Local Production - Local nut production and processing minimize long-distance transportation, reducing the environmental impact associated with shipping and maintaining product freshness. It also supports the local economy, creates job opportunities, gives producers control over production, and increases transparency throughout the process.
- Regenerative Agroforestry - The Pemla company, which produces nut butters and collaborates with crop growers, adheres to a regenerative agroforestry approach. This approach involves a modern perspective on agriculture and forestry, with the aim of restoring and improving soil and ecosystems. It emphasizes sustainable soil care, including erosion reduction, soil preservation, and crop diversification. This involves practices such as crop rotation, composting, and limiting the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. It also places importance on sustainable water management and biodiversity conservation in forestry, with the goal of supporting local communities and social justice.
What does consuming black sesame bring you?
- High Mineral Content - They are a rich source of minerals, especially calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. These minerals are crucial for bone and tooth health and muscle function.
- Healthy Fats - Black sesame seeds contain healthy fats, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which can help lower LDL cholesterol levels and the overall risk of heart disease.
- Nutrition for Vegetarians and Vegans - Tahini paste, made from ground sesame seeds, is a rich source of protein and can be an important part of the diet for vegetarians and vegans.
- Healthy Skin - Thanks to the content of vitamin E and other nutrients, consumption can contribute to maintaining healthy skin.
- Antioxidants - Sesame seeds contain antioxidants such as lignans and vitamin E, which can protect the body from free radicals and help reduce inflammation.
Ingredients: 100% Indian Sesame Seeds (Sesamum indicum)
With no use of preservatives or emulsifiers, natural oil separation occurs on the surface of the butter. Simply stir the contents after opening to restore the desired consistency.